SPORTS MINISTRY INTERNSHIPS
Sports Ministry Camp Internship with FCA Baseball // ALL POSITIONS OPEN
Time Frame: May 25- August 1 (Dates are approximate and could move)
All Intern Qualifications:
- Relationship with Jesus and desire to grow as a disciple and servant
- Passionate about baseball / previous baseball experience & knowledge
- Passionate about youth/sports ministry
- Must have servant heart and ability to work long days
- Ability and desire to share gospel with kids
ALL Intern Requirements:
- Raising support as a baseball missionary for the summer ($1,800) with compensation opportunity (Up to $3,000 or $1,500/mo.)
- Working 5 week long camps throughout June/July
- Participation in intern trainings, mexico trip, urban ministry opportunities and regular fellowship/discipleship with other interns
- Ability to locate to So. Cal for 2018 summer
All Intern Benefits:
- Summer in Southern California near beach and all LA/Orange County attractions
- Great host family (live with a like minded roommate)
- Regular times for chapel/fellowship/discipleship
- All food expenses covered
- Initial camp training & ongoing leadership feedback from FCA staff and intern coordinators
- Mission trip to Mexico & urban ministry opportunities
- Off week activities and adventures (San Diego, Palm Springs)
Job Description: So. Cal FCA baseball is seeking 18 young men passionate about baseball ministry to help lead and facilitate youth sports ministry (camps, urban and other outreach) over the summer. The FCA camps ministry offers a fun yet high level baseball skills training environment for youth ages 5-18 years of age. It is also a place for spiritual engagement through evangelism and discipleship. Interns will serve as part of the FCA Baseball Camp Staff where they will gain experience in coaching and leading teams. Within this platform there will be opportunities to lead small groups, teach Bible curriculum, sharing their testimony and help kids learn baseball skills. Interns will also gain experience in helping with administrative support and logistics of running camp, as well as participate in fellowship and leadership development trainings.
Required Skills: Coming Soon!
Job Description: So. Cal FCA baseball is seeking 3 young men/women passionate about baseball ministry to oversee all medical issues and emergencies that occur at all ministry sites. They will be required to work closely with site directors and staff as well as campers and families on a weekly basis. Athletic Trainers must follow all Department of Health rules and regulations, create safety systems throughout the site to prevent illness and injury, and manage all medical supplies. They must be able to dispense medication and keep related records via FCA Baseballs Risk Managment Manual. Interns will gain experience in helping with administrative support and logistics of running camp, as well as participate in fellowship and leadership development trainings. Interns will be under directs supervision of FCA staff and an FCA Certified Athletic Trainer.
Required Skills: Must be at least a college student with a preferred major in Athletic Training or Kinesiology and have at least 2 years of experience in the related field. Athletic Trainers should have a current certificate in Responding to Emergency first aid issued by the American Red Cross and must have successfully completed a CPR course within the past year.
Job Description: Duties for the merchandising internship will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Maintains FCA Baseball store by observing displays of products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
- Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from inventory; observing inventory levels; prompting management to reorder when levels appear low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products. Balance all cash boxes and keep orderly accounting procedures.
- Lead a team to processes all orders at camp sites in an efficient manor including merchandise and concession sales. Must be able to setup and use PayPal Here app and learn use of PayPal sales hardware.
- Learn to operate snow cone machine as well as mixing all ingredients and maintain a clean working environment. Clean and sterilize all equipment after each use.
- Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Quality focus, Superior merchandise skills, Creative mindset, Organized, Understanding of wholesale and retail difference, Immediate to advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, email), Superior communication skills, Excellence in fast pace environment, completes tasks, and is able to keep attention to detail.